Cardinal Soccer High School Prep Camp
A proven, progressive program for High School Players
HS Prep Weeks:
- July 30th - August 3rd: Greenwich Country Day
- August 6th - August 10th: Greenwich Country Day
Camp Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Kurt Putnam, Greenwich High School Boys Varsity Coach
- Simon Rumbold, Greenwich High School Girls Varsity Coach
- Stuart Smith, Sacred Heart Girls Varsity Coach
Run on a similar platform to the Elite Player Camp, the High School Prep Camp is simply what it states, preparation for the forthcoming demands of the High School season. This component to the Cardinal camp is run specifically for those players entering High School. Stuart Smith has run Greenwich High School Boys pre-season for the past 12 years. In that time frame injuries have been significantly reduced before and during the regular season while the winning percentage of the program remains the highest in the FCIAC Conference (5 tournament finals in past 10 years). Kurt Putnam (GHS Boys Head Coach) owes his team's ability and opportunity to start fast in the conference and maintain this during the season due to the planning and work engaged in pre-season.
These metrics do not happen by chance.
- They are delivered on the back of a progressively designed program that incorporates station work of varying degrees of technical, cardiovascular (aerobic and anaerobic) and tactical demands.
- Our goal is to maximize time with the coaching staff, with the ball, with other players and with preparing players physically, mentally, athletically for the forthcoming High School tryouts and season.
- Due to the nature of the program and the individual attention given by the coaches to each player for their development, the Prep Camp is limited to 24 boys and 24 girls.
- It is set as two back-to-back weeks so players are eased into the demands from week 1 to week 2 and then given a rest week before HS pre-season starts. While a single week can be done, the greatest benefit is derived from both weeks since they are planned with progression as the key objective.
- Players attending this camp have not only come from all of the local High Schools; Greenwich, Brunswick, KING, Rye, Sacred Heart, Holy Child, GA, but from the local premier soccer programs. Some players have even come as far as England, California and Florida... who, while visiting family have sought out one of the best run pre-season preparatory courses.
- The cost of these two weeks equals the cost of one week elsewhere, yet the benefits are that our coaches know many of the players, so they are more familiar with personalities and how to motivate and challenge players. Residential prep camps often fill in the non-soccer time with the swimming pool, dorm down-time and movies. We know this as we have done these camps ourselves as coaches.